You guys!! It’s finished!! Back in January, I decided to join in on the Ugly Christmas Sweaters Quilt Along created by Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts. This quilt came out even cuter than I could have imagined! ❤ ❤ ❤
I used Kona Solids for the sweaters and binding, snowflakes background by Studio E, argyle backing by Michael Miller and thread by Aurifil, of course.
I had so much fun making this quilt! I had originally decided to make a baby or lap quilt size, but it was so much fun, that I ended up making the maxi quilt size.
It was quilted by the lovely and talented Robin at Ormond Beach Quilts. Her work is always top-notch and this quilt is no exception. The quilting pattern is called Snow Winds. Is it perfect for this quilt or what?
I’m just in love with this quilt and I think I’m going to leave it hanging up for a while even though Christmas is still seven months away. 😀 😀 😀
This is my second finish for the 2016 Finish-A-Long – 2nd Quarter.
Here’s a quick recap on this project. I’m making a series of wall quilts to hang over our ugly fireplace in the living room. I found the Bunny pattern from Elizabeth Hartman. I wanted one big bunny though, so I enlarged her pattern by 400% to get the right size. I think it came out really cute!
After I got the top done, I sent it off to Robin at Ormond Beach Quilts for her to work her long-arming magic on it. She used a super cute design called Daisies Galore on it and I think it was perfect. ❤
Yesterday, I cut into some lovely black and white striped fabric to make the binding. I just love striped binding! Here's the finished Easter Bunny Wall Quilt:
This is my first finish for the 2016 Finish-A-Long – 2nd Quarter.
I proposed eight projects for the 2016 Finish-A-Long and I actually finished three of them. I misunderstood part of the rules though and thought I was supposed to propose things that I would finish this YEAR, not just this QUARTER. I’ve figured out my mistake now though and this quarter, I’m proposing eight that I’m hoping to actually finish this quarter. 🙂
Starting from the top left and going clockwise, here’s my list of projects:
1. Paradiso Beach Quilt designed by me – Just a simple quilt top made from charm packs. I need to pick a backing fabric. This one also needs quilting and binding.
2. Double Cross Mystery Quilt by Heather Spence Designs – The top is done on this one and I’ve sandwiched it. I just need to decide how I want to quilt it. I’ve decided to send this one out to my trusty long-arm quilter. 🙂 FINISHED – JUNE 30, 2016 – See post here – Finished!! – Double Cross Mystery Quilt
3. Ugly Christmas Sweaters Quilt by Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts. I have 17 of 20 blocks finished, so I just need to finish the last three blocks, assemble the top and send it to the quilter. FINISHED – MAY 30, 2016 – See post here – Finished!! – Ugly Christmas Sweaters Quilt
4. Stitch People Family Quilt designed by me using the Stitch People book – I just received the fabric I ordered, so I’m ready to start this one as well.
5. New Years Day Mystery Quilt by Heather Spence Designs – I have the blocks sewed into rows now, so I just need to put the top together and quilt it.
6. HST Strip Quilt by Red Rainboots Handmade – A few weeks ago, I won a jelly roll of the soon-to-be-released North Woods line by Kate Spain, so I’m going to finally make myself a Christmas quilt! I just need to decide on a solid white to match and I’ll be ready to start this one.
7. Easter Bunny Wall Quilt – I used the Bunny pattern by Elizabeth Hartman and enlarged it 400% to make a wall quilt to cover up our ugly fireplace. This is one of a series of seasonal and holiday quilts I’m making for that particular wall. The top is done and it will be sent off to the quilter soon. FINISHED – MAY 21, 2016 – See post here – Finished!! – Easter Bunny Wall Quilt
8. Minecraft Quilt by Kelli at Seriously…I Think It Needs Stitches – I have the first 11 patterns printed out and I bought the coordinating fat quarter bundle from Fat Quarter Shop. I think this will go pretty quickly once I get started, so I’m hoping to get it done this quarter. It’s going to be a gift for my daughter. 🙂
Oof! That’s quite a list of projects! Can’t wait to get started! 🙂 What will you be working on this quarter?
I’ve been wanting a little place to put my scissors and a few other odds and ends while I’m sewing. My sewing table is small, so I’m always knocking things off into the floor and having to stop to retrieve them. When I saw this pattern, it was a match made in heaven!
The pattern is Undercover Maker Mat from Lillyella Stitchery on Craftsy. Even better, it’s a free pattern! On my last trek to the fabric store, I had found this cherry fabric that I had to have, but I didn’t have a project in mind for it. It was serendipity, because I had just enough to make this project. I left off the secondary pockets on the front, so I just have the one main row of pockets, but it’s more than enough room for what I need.
This is my third finish for the 2016 Finish-A-Long Q1!
I finished up my Heart Wall Quilt yesterday!! The red binding is completely perfect and I just love how the whole thing looks! It’s also covering up our not-so-attractive fireplace, so it’s a total win-win! ❤
This is my second finish for the 2016 Finish-A-Long Q1!
My first finish of 2016!! I started this one on February 26, 2015 and finished it today, January 11, 2016. Here’s the front:
Robin Wilson at Ormond Beach Quilts quilted this one with a design called Lida and it is beautiful! She has a great eye for what pattern will look great on a quilt! 🙂
This was the first quilt I ever made with a pieced back. Here’s the lovely camera on the back:
And here’s my favorite block, the sewing machine, of course!
Thanks to Fat Quarter Shop for all these great patterns. I just love how this quilt came out! I’ve submitted it to be considered for the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival, so we’ll see what happens with that. 🙂
This is my first finish for the 2016 Finish-A-Long Q1!
I’m going to be participating in the 2016 Finish-A-Long! I’ve put together a list of eight projects that I want to get finished this year. As I finish them up, I’ll probably be adding things to the list. I’m pretty sure everyone’s quilting to-do list is a mile long, right? 😀
Starting from the top row, left-hand side and going around clockwise, here’s my list of projects:
1. Undercover Maker Mat by lillyella stitchery – pattern from Craftsy here – I have all the supplies for this one, but I haven’t started yet. FINISHED – JANUARY 31, 2016 – See post here – Finished!! – Undercover Maker Mat
2. Double Cross Mystery Quilt by Heather Spence Designs – The top is done on this one and I’ve sandwiched it. I just need to decide how I want to quilt it.
3. New Years Day Mystery Quilt by Heather Spence Designs – I have the blocks sewed into rows now, so I just need to put the top together and quilt it.
4. 2016 Temperature Quilt designed by me – I’m doing two patches for each day, one for the high temperature and one for the low temperature. Each patch will be 2″x4″ finished to make a block for each day that will be 4″x4″ finished. I’m going to have a block for the year and a block for the name of each month as well and then one extra at the end for a grid that will be 19 blocks x 20 blocks. I think this one is going to be really fun to make. 🙂
5. Snapshots by Fat Quarter Shop. This one needs quilting and binding. FINISHED – JANUARY 11, 2016 – See post here – Finished!! – Snapshots Quilt
6. Paradiso Beach Quilt designed by me – Just a simple quilt top made from charm packs. I need to pick a backing fabric. This one also needs quilting and binding.
7. Heart Wall Quilt designed by me – I’m making a smaller quilt to hang up over our fireplace in the living room. I don’t have any real Valentine’s Day decorations, so I’m going to make a heart quilt! I have the fabric and pattern for this one, so I just need to get started. FINISHED – JANUARY 29, 2016 – See post here – Finished!! – Heart Wall Quilt
8. Stitch People Family Quilt designed by me using the Stitch People book – I just received the fabric I ordered, so I’m ready to start this one as well.
Oof! That’s quite a list of projects! Can’t wait to get started! 🙂 Happy new year! 🙂