Here’s a quick recap on this project. I’m making a series of wall quilts to hang over our ugly fireplace in the living room. I found the Bunny pattern from Elizabeth Hartman. I wanted one big bunny though, so I enlarged her pattern by 400% to get the right size. I think it came out really cute!
After I got the top done, I sent it off to Robin at Ormond Beach Quilts for her to work her long-arming magic on it. She used a super cute design called Daisies Galore on it and I think it was perfect. ❤
Yesterday, I cut into some lovely black and white striped fabric to make the binding. I just love striped binding! Here's the finished Easter Bunny Wall Quilt:
This is my first finish for the 2016 Finish-A-Long – 2nd Quarter.
So, I sent my Easter Bunny Wall Quilt to the lovely and talented Robin at Ormond Beach Quilts for her to work her magic on and she sent me this preview a couple of days ago. I LOVE IT!!! ❤ The quilting design is called Daisies Galore and I think it's perfect for this quilt. ❤
I proposed eight projects for the 2016 Finish-A-Long and I actually finished three of them. I misunderstood part of the rules though and thought I was supposed to propose things that I would finish this YEAR, not just this QUARTER. I’ve figured out my mistake now though and this quarter, I’m proposing eight that I’m hoping to actually finish this quarter. 🙂
Starting from the top left and going clockwise, here’s my list of projects:
1. Paradiso Beach Quilt designed by me – Just a simple quilt top made from charm packs. I need to pick a backing fabric. This one also needs quilting and binding.
2. Double Cross Mystery Quilt by Heather Spence Designs – The top is done on this one and I’ve sandwiched it. I just need to decide how I want to quilt it. I’ve decided to send this one out to my trusty long-arm quilter. 🙂 FINISHED – JUNE 30, 2016 – See post here – Finished!! – Double Cross Mystery Quilt
3. Ugly Christmas Sweaters Quilt by Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts. I have 17 of 20 blocks finished, so I just need to finish the last three blocks, assemble the top and send it to the quilter. FINISHED – MAY 30, 2016 – See post here – Finished!! – Ugly Christmas Sweaters Quilt
4. Stitch People Family Quilt designed by me using the Stitch People book – I just received the fabric I ordered, so I’m ready to start this one as well.
5. New Years Day Mystery Quilt by Heather Spence Designs – I have the blocks sewed into rows now, so I just need to put the top together and quilt it.
6. HST Strip Quilt by Red Rainboots Handmade – A few weeks ago, I won a jelly roll of the soon-to-be-released North Woods line by Kate Spain, so I’m going to finally make myself a Christmas quilt! I just need to decide on a solid white to match and I’ll be ready to start this one.
7. Easter Bunny Wall Quilt – I used the Bunny pattern by Elizabeth Hartman and enlarged it 400% to make a wall quilt to cover up our ugly fireplace. This is one of a series of seasonal and holiday quilts I’m making for that particular wall. The top is done and it will be sent off to the quilter soon. FINISHED – MAY 21, 2016 – See post here – Finished!! – Easter Bunny Wall Quilt
8. Minecraft Quilt by Kelli at Seriously…I Think It Needs Stitches – I have the first 11 patterns printed out and I bought the coordinating fat quarter bundle from Fat Quarter Shop. I think this will go pretty quickly once I get started, so I’m hoping to get it done this quarter. It’s going to be a gift for my daughter. 🙂
Oof! That’s quite a list of projects! Can’t wait to get started! 🙂 What will you be working on this quarter?
Well, this one is as done as I could get it before Easter arrived! So, I have the top hanging up and I’ll get the quilting and binding done later. I think it’s really cute! 🙂
This is another in my series of wall quilts to cover the ugly black hole of a fireplace in an otherwise lovely wall in our living room. The first one you can see here: Heart Wall Quilt. I missed the time window to get my Shamrock Wall Quilt finished, so I’m skipping that one for now and starting my Easter Bunny Wall Quilt.
I bought the Bunny pattern from Elizabeth Hartman. I decided I wanted one big bunny though, so I did all the math to enlarge the pattern by 400%, so that one block plus borders would be big enough.
I did all the cutting on Monday night and got all the rows sewed together on Tuesday. Now, I just need to sew the rows together and figure out my borders. And I need to figure out the backing and binding. 🙂
Here’s my bunny so far:
So here’s my list of wall quilts I’m planning to make:
Heart – done!
Shamrock – I have the fabric and pattern for this one
Easter Bunny – in progress
USA Flag – I have the fabric and pattern for this one
Back To School – ?
Jack O’Lantern – ?
Turkey – ?
Christmas Tree – ?
Happy Birthday – ?
I’m still adding to the list too. Any suggestions? 🙂