I finished up my Heart Wall Quilt yesterday!! The red binding is completely perfect and I just love how the whole thing looks! It’s also covering up our not-so-attractive fireplace, so it’s a total win-win! ❤
This is my second finish for the 2016 Finish-A-Long Q1!
It’s been a week since my last post! Sick kids and general busyness have kept me from my computer and sewing machine! 🙂
I did find time to finish up the top for my Heart Wall Quilt:
I got the additional fabric I was waiting on for the backing a few days ago. I got the layers laid out and basted this past weekend:
I finally started the quilting. I decided on just straight-line quilting vertically and horizontally. Here’s the start of the vertical quilting:
I’ve now finished the vertical quilting:
I started on the horizontal quilting yesterday, but no pictures yet. I’m hoping to have it done by this weekend! Can’t wait to see it all done! ❤
So, I got the quilt top finished and it’s the perfect size for the spot I’m going to hang it! Yay! Now I’m waiting on my backing fabric to arrive so I can get her finished up! 🙂
What do you think so far? 🙂
After we took down our Christmas decorations, the wall where the fireplace is looked very naked and sad. I bought some heart shaped felt placemats from Michaels to hang up as a sort-of garland, but that didn’t quite do the trick for me. I decided to make a heart quilt for the lead-up to Valentine’s Day.
A while back, I ordered a fat quarter bundle of Lovebugs by Doodlebug Designs for Riley Blake. I didn’t know what I wanted to do with it, but I knew I needed that fabric! 🙂 So, I was shopping from my stash and decided to use this fabric.
I measured the area where I wanted the quilt to hang and decided on a size, which gave me my square size to cut, which was 4.5 inch squares. I cut eight squares from each fat quarter, which was a few too many total, but I wanted to be sure I would have enough if I decided to make any changes.
I got the layout of the heart done today and here’s a picture:
I’m going to use a fabric from the Daysail line by Bonnie & Camille for Moda Fabrics called White on White Lollies. I have three choices for the backing and binding:
Lovebugs – Pink Grid
Lovebugs – Pink Love Words
Lovebugs – Red Love Words
Which do you think I should use for the backing and binding? I think I’m leaning towards the Red Love Words, but I would love to get some other opinions! 🙂
I’m going to be participating in the 2016 Finish-A-Long! I’ve put together a list of eight projects that I want to get finished this year. As I finish them up, I’ll probably be adding things to the list. I’m pretty sure everyone’s quilting to-do list is a mile long, right? 😀
Starting from the top row, left-hand side and going around clockwise, here’s my list of projects:
1. Undercover Maker Mat by lillyella stitchery – pattern from Craftsy here – I have all the supplies for this one, but I haven’t started yet. FINISHED – JANUARY 31, 2016 – See post here – Finished!! – Undercover Maker Mat
2. Double Cross Mystery Quilt by Heather Spence Designs – The top is done on this one and I’ve sandwiched it. I just need to decide how I want to quilt it.
3. New Years Day Mystery Quilt by Heather Spence Designs – I have the blocks sewed into rows now, so I just need to put the top together and quilt it.
4. 2016 Temperature Quilt designed by me – I’m doing two patches for each day, one for the high temperature and one for the low temperature. Each patch will be 2″x4″ finished to make a block for each day that will be 4″x4″ finished. I’m going to have a block for the year and a block for the name of each month as well and then one extra at the end for a grid that will be 19 blocks x 20 blocks. I think this one is going to be really fun to make. 🙂
5. Snapshots by Fat Quarter Shop. This one needs quilting and binding. FINISHED – JANUARY 11, 2016 – See post here – Finished!! – Snapshots Quilt
6. Paradiso Beach Quilt designed by me – Just a simple quilt top made from charm packs. I need to pick a backing fabric. This one also needs quilting and binding.
7. Heart Wall Quilt designed by me – I’m making a smaller quilt to hang up over our fireplace in the living room. I don’t have any real Valentine’s Day decorations, so I’m going to make a heart quilt! I have the fabric and pattern for this one, so I just need to get started. FINISHED – JANUARY 29, 2016 – See post here – Finished!! – Heart Wall Quilt
8. Stitch People Family Quilt designed by me using the Stitch People book – I just received the fabric I ordered, so I’m ready to start this one as well.
Oof! That’s quite a list of projects! Can’t wait to get started! 🙂 Happy new year! 🙂