Here are blocks 3 & 4 for the Minecraft Sew Along at Seriously…I Think It Needs Stitches. These are so quick to cut and sew! I’m having a lot of fun making them! 🙂
My kids are obsessed with Minecraft. For those of you lucky folks who don’t know what that is, it’s kind of like building with Lego blocks except on the computer. I love it and hate it at the same time. 😀 A while back, I started thinking about making a Minecraft quilt for my daughter and I wasn’t looking forward to planning out all the different blocks. Fortunately, I came across the Minecraft Sew Along at Seriously…I Think It Needs Stitches. I went ahead and bought the Bella Solids fat quarter bundle put together by Fat Quarter Shop. I had a few other things to finish up before I started on this one, but I finally made the first block yesterday.
These blocks are so quick and easy to make that I think this top will be finished in no time! 🙂
I proposed eight projects for the 2016 Finish-A-Long and I actually finished three of them. I misunderstood part of the rules though and thought I was supposed to propose things that I would finish this YEAR, not just this QUARTER. I’ve figured out my mistake now though and this quarter, I’m proposing eight that I’m hoping to actually finish this quarter. 🙂
Starting from the top left and going clockwise, here’s my list of projects:
1. Paradiso Beach Quilt designed by me – Just a simple quilt top made from charm packs. I need to pick a backing fabric. This one also needs quilting and binding.
2. Double Cross Mystery Quilt by Heather Spence Designs – The top is done on this one and I’ve sandwiched it. I just need to decide how I want to quilt it. I’ve decided to send this one out to my trusty long-arm quilter. 🙂 FINISHED – JUNE 30, 2016 – See post here – Finished!! – Double Cross Mystery Quilt
3. Ugly Christmas Sweaters Quilt by Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts. I have 17 of 20 blocks finished, so I just need to finish the last three blocks, assemble the top and send it to the quilter. FINISHED – MAY 30, 2016 – See post here – Finished!! – Ugly Christmas Sweaters Quilt
4. Stitch People Family Quilt designed by me using the Stitch People book – I just received the fabric I ordered, so I’m ready to start this one as well.
5. New Years Day Mystery Quilt by Heather Spence Designs – I have the blocks sewed into rows now, so I just need to put the top together and quilt it.
6. HST Strip Quilt by Red Rainboots Handmade – A few weeks ago, I won a jelly roll of the soon-to-be-released North Woods line by Kate Spain, so I’m going to finally make myself a Christmas quilt! I just need to decide on a solid white to match and I’ll be ready to start this one.
7. Easter Bunny Wall Quilt – I used the Bunny pattern by Elizabeth Hartman and enlarged it 400% to make a wall quilt to cover up our ugly fireplace. This is one of a series of seasonal and holiday quilts I’m making for that particular wall. The top is done and it will be sent off to the quilter soon. FINISHED – MAY 21, 2016 – See post here – Finished!! – Easter Bunny Wall Quilt
8. Minecraft Quilt by Kelli at Seriously…I Think It Needs Stitches – I have the first 11 patterns printed out and I bought the coordinating fat quarter bundle from Fat Quarter Shop. I think this will go pretty quickly once I get started, so I’m hoping to get it done this quarter. It’s going to be a gift for my daughter. 🙂
Oof! That’s quite a list of projects! Can’t wait to get started! 🙂 What will you be working on this quarter?