You guys!! It’s finished!! Back in January, I decided to join in on the Ugly Christmas Sweaters Quilt Along created by Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts. This quilt came out even cuter than I could have imagined! ❤ ❤ ❤
I used Kona Solids for the sweaters and binding, snowflakes background by Studio E, argyle backing by Michael Miller and thread by Aurifil, of course.
I had so much fun making this quilt! I had originally decided to make a baby or lap quilt size, but it was so much fun, that I ended up making the maxi quilt size.
It was quilted by the lovely and talented Robin at Ormond Beach Quilts. Her work is always top-notch and this quilt is no exception. The quilting pattern is called Snow Winds. Is it perfect for this quilt or what?
I’m just in love with this quilt and I think I’m going to leave it hanging up for a while even though Christmas is still seven months away. 😀 😀 😀
This is my second finish for the 2016 Finish-A-Long – 2nd Quarter.
At the same time I sent my Easter Bunny Wall Quilt to the long-arm quilter, I also sent my Double Cross Mystery Quilt and my Ugly Christmas Sweaters Quilt. I got preview pictures of the quilting today and I’m so happy to share them here!! Thanks to Robin at Ormond Beach Quilts for doing such a great job as usual! ❤
Double Cross Mystery Quilt: Quilted in red to add some interest. I'm going to bind it in red too. 🙂
Ugly Christmas Sweaters Quilt: Quilted in a snowflake pattern! Perfect for a Christmas quilt! 🙂
I got finished the last three of 20 blocks yesterday and got my sashing and borders cut last night. I intended to get the sashing on the blocks and the blocks sewed into rows, but when I got going, I didn’t want to stop. Here’s the top completed except for the outer border! 😀 😀 😀
So, sometime this week, I’ll get the final borders on and get it sent off to the quilter. Can’t wait to get it back and finish it up! 🙂
They’re done! They’re done! The blocks are all done! Party time! 😀 😀 😀
I’m hoping to get the sashing on the blocks and to sew the rows together tomorrow. We’ll see how far I get. 😀
I proposed eight projects for the 2016 Finish-A-Long and I actually finished three of them. I misunderstood part of the rules though and thought I was supposed to propose things that I would finish this YEAR, not just this QUARTER. I’ve figured out my mistake now though and this quarter, I’m proposing eight that I’m hoping to actually finish this quarter. 🙂
Starting from the top left and going clockwise, here’s my list of projects:
1. Paradiso Beach Quilt designed by me – Just a simple quilt top made from charm packs. I need to pick a backing fabric. This one also needs quilting and binding.
2. Double Cross Mystery Quilt by Heather Spence Designs – The top is done on this one and I’ve sandwiched it. I just need to decide how I want to quilt it. I’ve decided to send this one out to my trusty long-arm quilter. 🙂 FINISHED – JUNE 30, 2016 – See post here – Finished!! – Double Cross Mystery Quilt
3. Ugly Christmas Sweaters Quilt by Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts. I have 17 of 20 blocks finished, so I just need to finish the last three blocks, assemble the top and send it to the quilter. FINISHED – MAY 30, 2016 – See post here – Finished!! – Ugly Christmas Sweaters Quilt
4. Stitch People Family Quilt designed by me using the Stitch People book – I just received the fabric I ordered, so I’m ready to start this one as well.
5. New Years Day Mystery Quilt by Heather Spence Designs – I have the blocks sewed into rows now, so I just need to put the top together and quilt it.
6. HST Strip Quilt by Red Rainboots Handmade – A few weeks ago, I won a jelly roll of the soon-to-be-released North Woods line by Kate Spain, so I’m going to finally make myself a Christmas quilt! I just need to decide on a solid white to match and I’ll be ready to start this one.
7. Easter Bunny Wall Quilt – I used the Bunny pattern by Elizabeth Hartman and enlarged it 400% to make a wall quilt to cover up our ugly fireplace. This is one of a series of seasonal and holiday quilts I’m making for that particular wall. The top is done and it will be sent off to the quilter soon. FINISHED – MAY 21, 2016 – See post here – Finished!! – Easter Bunny Wall Quilt
8. Minecraft Quilt by Kelli at Seriously…I Think It Needs Stitches – I have the first 11 patterns printed out and I bought the coordinating fat quarter bundle from Fat Quarter Shop. I think this will go pretty quickly once I get started, so I’m hoping to get it done this quarter. It’s going to be a gift for my daughter. 🙂
Oof! That’s quite a list of projects! Can’t wait to get started! 🙂 What will you be working on this quarter?
Yay! Two more Ugly Christmas Sweaters are done! 17 down, 3 to go! 😀
It’s been a crummy, grey, rainy weekend so far, so I’ve gotten a couple more of my Ugly Christmas Sweaters blocks done. I just realized I only have five more to do! Very exciting! 🙂
Happy Easter! I got block #13 done today! I can’t wait to see this quilt top all put together in a few weeks. 🙂
Yay! Blocks 11 & 12 are done! Here they are, but please pardon the photos. The lighting was really bad the day I took these and I haven’t had time to retake yet. 🙂
I’ve finally had time to catch up on my Ugly Sweater blocks this weekend! Blocks 8, 9 and 10 are done and 11 is cut out and waiting to be sewed tomorrow! 🙂 Here they are:
I’m hoping to get at least 11 and 12 done tomorrow. 🙂